In this full day tour, we will look at the exploits of the famous Easy Company of the 101st Airborne division, immortalized by the book and the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers.
We start at the dropzone near Son and the continue to the bridge across the Wilhelmina Canal at Son which was the first objective of the 506 Parachute Infantry Regiment. We will discuss the attempt to capture and the role that Easy Company played in it.
Our next stop is the center of Eindhoven where Easy Company was involved in the taking of the bridges across the Dommel river and the securing of the city center. We then head to Nuenen where the men had a day long battle against a German battle group, before moving up Hell’s Highway to Veghel.
In Veghel we are going to look at the Koevering battle where the Germans managed to block Hell’s Highway, the road to Arnhem. Here we will look at how Easy Company (and others) were used to reopen the road at the end of Operation Market Garden.
The last stop in the Operaiton Market Garden area is Uden where part of Easy Company was cut off during the first German attack on the road near Veghel.
Then we are off to the Island to visit the iconic Schoonderlogt Farm where Lt Winters had his picture taken. We will end the day at the Crossroads area where part of Easy company took on two companies of German soldiers. The final stop of the day is about Operation Pegasus, the rescue of the British soldiers from across the Rhine river.
This tour has the following tour stops:
- Son dropzone
- Son Bridge across the Wilhelmina canal
- Eindhoven Center – Bridges across the Dommel
- Nuenen – The battle from the series
- Veghel – Koevering battle
- Uden – Where Dick Winters and others from Easy company were cut off
- Schoonderlogt Farm
- Crossroads battle – The battle from the series
- Operation Pegasus
This tour will take around 8 hours.
This battlefield tour is available in English and in Dutch.
We have a flat fee price for our tours:
- Price for a full day private tour for 1 to 4 persons including transportation is €450.
- For 5-8 persons I have to charge €620 to cover the rent of a large minivan.
- Lunch and museum entrance is not included in the price.
- For a group of more than 8 persons please visit my Groups page